Mar 11, 2009

Here is the Sunday School Lesson for my class Sunday March 15, 2009, enjoy:

PASTOR JERRY DEPOY’S SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASS
FAMILY BIBLE CHURCH MARCH 15, 2009 EZEKIEL 36:22-32
THE PROMISE OF A NEW LIFE: “A NEW SPIRIT WITHIIN”

22Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name’s sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went. 23And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes. 24For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.
· According to verse 22, why did God say that he was going to do a work with Israel? What does “For my holy name’s sake” mean?
· Do you believe that God ever blesses us in spite of ourselves? Wouldn’t that mean that God would have to reward evil?
· Would kind of testimony had the people of Israel among the heathen?
· Do you believe that our US military has left a good testimony to those that they have served around the world? Should that concern us?
· Do you care what other people think of you? Does God care what other people think of you? Do you care if God cares?
· What does the word “sanctified” mean in verse 23? Have you been sanctified? How did God perform this miracle in you?
· What is God’s promise to the people of Israel in verse 24? Has that promised happened yet? When will it happen?

25Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
· According to this verse, is there such a thing as “holy water?” Does water have the power to make us clean inwardly? What is God about in this verse then?
· Is this verse talking about baptism? Has a person been truly baptized if they have only been sprinkled? Have you been baptized?
· How is the Word of God likened unto water? Can a person read the Bible and not be affected by it?
· What is the importance of the “blood of Christ” when it comes to the cleansing of a person’s soul? Why is the “blood” so important?
· Can you give a commentary over 1 John 1:9? Does a person have to confess their sin in order to be forgiven? Confess to whom?
26A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
· What was wrong with the old heart that it needed to be made new?
· What is the “heart” of an individual? What does God mean by the word “heart?” What is the deference between someone’s heart and someone’s bowels? Where is the seat of man’s emotions?
· What is the difference between the heart of a lost person and the heart of a saved person?
· What is meant by “heart of flesh” and “heart of stone?”
· What part does the “head” or the “mind” play in the matter of salvation?
· Does a lost person have a “spirit?” What does it mean to be “born again?” What is the difference between God’s Spirit and our spirit?

27And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
· Why is having the God’s spirit placed within us so important according to this verse? How do you know if you possess God’s Spirit?
· Can a lost person keep God’s judgments and statutes? How much of the Old Testament is their for us to obey? Are Gentiles under the Law?
· Why is it important for us to keep the “laws of God” if we are saved by grace? Is it possible for a saved to person be lost and go to Hell?

28And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God. 29I will also save you from all your uncleannesses: and I will call for the corn, and will increase it, and lay no famine upon you.
· Who is this verse talking to? Are the Jews dwelling in the land again?
· What about the twelve tribes of Jacob, will they all dwell in the land too?
· According to this verse, who is in charge of the weather, Al Gore or God?

30And I will multiply the fruit of the tree, and the increase of the field, that ye shall receive no more reproach of famine among the heathen. 31Then shall ye remember your own evil ways, and your doings that were not good, and shall lothe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities and for your abominations. 32Not for your sakes do I this, saith the Lord GOD, be it known unto you: be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel.
· How is God going to fulfill verse 30? Is God going to become a farmer?
· Is it good for a person to “lothe” themselves according to verse 31?
· What did God say was his motivation for saving Israel, verse 32?

No comments: