Mar 27, 2009

My sermon notes for this coming Sunday's AM Service, enjoy:

Key Verse: (John 16:24) Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.

Title of Message: "Four things that I need for my journey and why I need them"

1. I need my wallet…It tells me who I am. (God the Father)

(Acts 9:15) But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:
(Acts 9:16) For I will show him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

2. I need my GPS…It tells me where to go. (God the Holy Spirit)

(John 16:13) Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come.
(Acts 16:6) Now when they had gone throughout Phrygia and the region of Galatia, and were forbidden of the Holy Ghost to preach the word in Asia,
(Rom 8:14 KJV) For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

3. I need my Cell Phone…When I need to call home. (God the Son)

(John 16:15 ) All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall show it unto you.
(John 16:24) Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.

4. I need my Bible…To stay the course.

(John 17:8) For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.
Are you sure that you are on the right road?

No comments: